7. What documents are required for vehicle pick-up?
Principal renter's ID (passport preferably), original driver's license (should have been held for at least one year), valid credit card, which can be provided by the renter or any passenger upon pick up.
In the case there being more than one driver, please fill out Step 3 with their additional information. Each additional driver will have to show their photo ID/driver's license and passport the day of arrival.
Access to all of the vehicles that we offer at www.campervannorway.com is available with a Category B driver's license.
Licenses from EU nations and International Driving Licenses are all valid in Norway. Driver's licenses (category B only) from countries outside of the European Union and Nordic countries are also valid if printed in Latin characters or if they're visible in the following languages: English, Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish.
It's very important to have a credit card available to you in Norway to have a guarantee for your rental as well as to pay any fee derived from fines or speeding tickets.
The credit card and its owner must be present upon collection of the vehicle. ONLY in the unlikely event of property damage will any compensatory charges be applied.
Certain models require a guarantee deposit when the vehicle is picked up. Further information can be found in our T&C.
Get in contact with our customer support specialists if you have any further questions or comments concerning the rental process for your trip!
8. Reservation cancellations
If you decided to rent a camper, a fee for canceling will NOT apply if we receive notice 60 days or more prior the vehicle pick up.
Be advised that your credit card company may still charge a small commission fee. For motorhomes, if you cancel 60 days or more before the rental starts, the cancellation fee corresponds to the 15% deposit initially paid online. No refund will apply.
This cost increases to 50% of the total of the rental where the cancellation was made from 59 to 15 days in advance, 80% of the total cost of the rental where the cancellation was made from 15 to 1 days in advance, and 95% where the cancellation was made 1 day or less in advance.
A “no-show” also incurs a 95% cancellation fee.
9. So what should I be cautious about when driving in Norway as it pertains to accidents and property damage?
- Damage to bumpers is common.
- The gravel and mountainside roads could cause you to lose tire grip if you were to speed.
- Stray animals crossing roads.
- Unpaved or icy roads may prove to be a challenge when it comes to losing traction.
- Norway is beautiful, but focusing on the views and not the road could be dangerous.
- Daylight hours are long during the summer periods. That could lead to exhaustion.
- High winds could cause damage to the doors.
- Check your wheels constantly to see if you're driving on punctured or flattened tires.
Specifically, the Atlantic road is riddled with curves, dips, arches and other exciting but maneuverable challenges. However, during storms, high winds could cause car crashes.
10. Which vehicle is best for me and my travel needs?
Our agents are specialized in assisting our customers in providing the best recommendations that will suit your needs.
All you have to do is let us know your dates, vehicle occupants and the plans you have in mind. We will tell you which vehicle is the best option for your trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I book my vehicle?
In three easy steps, you can get an immediate quote and rent your perfect vehicle through our easy-to-use website.
- Visit the booking section and select the dates and times for your trip.
Note that the vehicle pickup and return services are restricted to certain times depending on the type of vehicle.
- Choose your pickup and drop off locations.
- Pick the desired vehicle category.
- Select any extra you might need, check the total price and press “Continue.”
- We will need your personal and contact information. Make sure to fill everything out completely.
- After that, the system will calculate 15% of the booking total. This amount must be paid to reserve the vehicle and it will be deducted from the total cost of the reservation.
- Now you're ready to click “Confirm” and pay!
- Our website is secured with an SSL certificate. Your data will be safely passed from your browser to the website’s server. The site will then take you to www.borgun.com to complete your payment.
- Make sure to fill in every field, then press “Pay.” After this, and in no time at all, you'll receive an email confirmation of your booking. Kindly check your spam folder as well.
2. What is included in the quoted rental price?
We include the following:
- Unlimited miles (drive up to 400 km per day)
- CDW insurance -Bed linen (campers only)
- CD/MP3 Player / USB connection (only for certain models)
- Local taxes included
- 24/7 breakdown service
3. What is NOT included in the rented price?
- Extra Insurance
- Extra Drivers
- Equipment and accessories such as GPS, baby seats, bed linens, etc.
4. I have arrived at the airport. How do I get my vehicle now?
A PDF confirmation will be sent to you automatically once your booking has been confirmed in our system. We will also provide our office location via email so you can use it to find us upon arrival once the booking is managed.
For motorhomes you will pay the remaining balance 30 days before the start of the rental. One of our specialized agents will show you how and where to return the rented vehicle. Following their instructions and suggestions is highly recommended for an easy return process.
Since we will be perfecting your vehicle rental experience by cleaning and preparing the motorhome you have selected, there are specific pick-up times and return time windows for all of our motorhomes. If any delay is foreseen, we shall let you know in advance.
5. Is there roadside assistance?
Of course! All of our customers can contact our 24/7 roadside assistance.
Our telephone number is always included in the rental agreement that you will be given upon arrival. Services will be there ASAP. If you are in an accident or need medical attention, call 110 (Fire), 112 (Police) or 113 (Ambulance).